Monday, April 6, 2009

Tucson in bloom



















































I spent the last few days drinking in the hidden beauty of the desert. Here is a sampling of the array of color found in delicate pedals I captured in a what at a casual glance appears to barren landscape. As my eyes began to focus, an oasis slowly emerged. 

When I capture future images of the desert, I plan to get an image of the plant in it's entirety, then zoom in to capture the delicate beauty of the flower. Some of the plants are mere inches from the ground, their beauty so easily over looked, or even crushed by careless feet. Others, dance in the breeze lazily from trees, and yet others by their brilliant hues catch ones eye as one carefully walks among the cacti avoiding even a gentle brush against the cacti.
 

2 comments:

  1. Exquisite shots, Connie! My favorite was #15 down from the top, the soft pink flower amongst the sharper more pointed flowers. It almost looks like it could be under the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I totally enjoyed the desert. I have over 3000 images to sift through. I've been working on the 1700 taken of birds.

    ReplyDelete