Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Year Has Passes

A year has passed since I last posted any images to my post. It was nice to go back, and view what I shot a year ago. It brought back the memories surrounding the moments captured. I especially treasure those taken with the families that live in Tennessee, a region of the country that has stole my heart. The history, people and there's no way I could ever forget the music.
Music from the heart; twang accepted, accompanied with whatever is handy; spoons, washtubs, you name it, it's been used. Instruments may also be used; those with talent or a trained voice won't be turned away, only requirement: sing from the heart.
I've not posted any images because I think I've left the innocence of capturing the moment first, skill second. I'm now more concerned with the technical correctness of how I shoot, over capturing with passion the mood of the moment. How does one retain the innocence and excitement of looking for the moments to capture over how to technically snap the candid image? I feel I now have to edit my work before sharing it. The only problem my skills of editing are very limited.
Will a balance come? Will there be a merging of the two? Frustrating can be so paralyzing.
Desire caged due to lack of skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment